5 ways to keep medication
in the right hands
- Install a medicine cabinet with a lock and key — a simple solution.
- Store prescription drugs in a safe, a locked drawer or a filling cabinet.
- Keep your medication somewhere outside of your home (e.g. at work).
- Dispose of unused drugs safely by returning them to a local pharmacy.
- Talk to your teens about the dangers of abusing prescription drugs.
Lock up your medications!
By purchasing this Medication Lock Box*, you're making a great choice to keep your kids safe AND you'll be helping our cause!
Thanks to a special arrangement with one of our supporting partners, DFK Canada is now able to offer a solution for the safe storage of your medications.
* Details on purchase page
of your purchase will be donated to
Drug Free Kids Canada
It’s simple — just take back old prescriptions
Your kids and their friends need you to return all unused and expired medication to your local participating pharmacy.
Why you need to have this talk
300,000Canadian teens have abused
59% got them from a home
of households contain medication
that can be abused
Only 10% keep them in a secure place
Most commonly abused prescription drugs
- Diazepam (Valium)
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Estazolam (ProSom)
- Zolpidem (Ambien)
- Zaleplon (Sonata)
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin)