5 ways to keep medication
in the right hands
- Install a medicine cabinet with a lock and key — a simple solution.
- Store prescription drugs in a safe, a locked drawer or a filling cabinet.
- Keep your medication somewhere outside of your home (e.g. at work).
- Dispose of unused drugs safely by returning them to a local pharmacy.
- Talk to your teens about the dangers of abusing prescription drugs.
It’s simple — just take back old prescriptions
Your kids and their friends need you to return all unused and expired medication to your local participating pharmacy.
Most commonly abused prescription drugs
- Diazepam (Valium)
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Estazolam (ProSom)
- Zolpidem (Ambien)
- Zaleplon (Sonata)
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
Lock up your medications!
By purchasing this Medication Lock Box*, you're making a great choice to keep your kids safe AND you'll be helping our cause!
Thanks to a special arrangement with one of our supporting partners, DFK Canada is now able to offer a solution for the safe storage of your medications.
* Details on purchase page
of your purchase will be donated to
Drug Free Kids Canada
Why you need to have this talk
375,000Canadian teens have abused
55% got them from a home
of households contain medication
that can be abused
Only 11% keep them in a secure place